Summer is in full swing and it is essential that you get the most out of your air conditioning system to keep you cool at home. In this blog, an air conditioning repair specialist shares five simple upgrades you can do to further improve the efficiency and performance of your air conditioner.
- Unblock the vents. Make sure the vents and registers throughout your home are free of blockages. There should be no shelves, couches, curtains, or drapes in front of them as these things can decrease airflow.
- Upgrade the thermostat. If you still have a slide or dial thermostat, it is time you make the switch to a digital version. You can start with a smart or WiFi thermostat. Just make sure the make and model are suited for your comfort needs at home.
- Add insulation. Insulation helps air remain where it should be. If your home is not properly or sufficiently insulated, you’ll have trouble keeping your indoor temperature consistent year-round. This will also force your HVAC to work harder and longer than expected, increasing your energy costs.
- Use window covers. Sunlight is abundant in the summer. And this brings lots of heat into your home too. To tame it down a bit, close your blinds and curtains at the peak of the day, especially in areas with larger windows. This should help cool your home faster.
- Take care of the condenser. Your outdoor AC unit or condenser is designed to withstand weather conditions. That being said, it will be extremely helpful if you place it in a shaded area that’s dry and well-ventilated. Your unit should also be away from any shrubs, weeds, or loose vegetation so it will not get dirty or clogged.
Whether you need to tune up, repair, or replace your air conditioning system, call local HVAC expert Allison Air Conditioning at (951) 356-4224 for professional assistance. You may also fill out our contact form to inquire about our Peak Performance Plans and Carrier rebates. We serve residents of Corona, CA, and the surrounding areas.